Sunday, August 10, 2014

COMM 7728 - Digital Ethnography

For our final project for COMM 7728, we were asked to create a digital ethnography.  An ethnography is the description of one's customs and culture.  I have created my own digital ethnography using my own personal pictures.  This is like an auto biography, but in digital form.  I took a collection of pictures from when I was young to present day and created a slide show.  

To put all of these pictures together, I used a program called Soundslides.  Soundslides gives you the opportunity to create a slide show using a variety of pictures and movement. In order to add text to some of the slides, I used Microsoft Powerpoint and then saved each of the slides as a JPEG in order for them to be viewed as a picture in the program. 

I used Audacity to cut different songs together to create a musical background. The songs that I chose had meaning to them as they went over each picture.  So the choosing of the songs was very important to me.  I am not one that enjoys hearing my voice as a narrator, so I preferred hearing the music instead.  To get the music clips, I used a Youtube audio converter. It took a lot of time and work but it was a fun creation.  I hope you enjoy my video.

To view my video, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment